Friday, August 27, 2010

Dermitage: What is the "Real" Deal?




What is Dermitage?

Dermitage is a skin care system sold only on the internet. The company has a classic online marketing campaign (some refer to it as a "scam") which has inadvertently angered many people. Customers get roped in by the "free trial," in which the customer only pays for shipping and handling for one full supply of two expensive face creams. However, many customers do not read the fine print explaining that they must return the product containers in two weeks and proactively cancel their account in order not to get charged the full price. If the customer does not return the product containers and cancel her account, her credit card is subsequently charged the full amount of the product which, in turn, is an automatic monthly order.

Dermitage claims to be the only skincare system with "Rejuvaline™", a patented anti–aging ingredient complex that targets the visible signs of aging. According to their website (www.dermitage.com), Rejuvaline boosts the delivery of beneficial ingredients deep into the skin to better stimulate skin repair and renewal, protect the skin, and help reduce the appearance of aging. Rejuvaline also hydrates, firms, soothes and tones to rejuvenate skin. The company boasts about their scientific "testing," and continues to claim that their product is the best on the market, beating out high end expensive anti-aging creams sold at fine retailers.

I decided to give it a shot and here is my honest, unbiased opinion...

Quality of Product:

I ordered the "Dermitage Anti-Aging System" which is a two-step system consisting of an "Instant Lifting Crème" and a "Skin Renewal Complex." (I was immediately charged shipping and handling which turned out to be less then $10.00.) The system features patented "Lifting Spheres" and "QuSomes" which claims to firm, lift out wrinkles and brighten within days, revealing soft, smooth and sexy skin. After cleansing, the "Skin Renewal Complex," is applied which is then followed by the "Instant Lifting Creme."

I have to admit that the product is pretty good albeit not as moisturizing as I'd like for it to be. Both creams are very lightweight which is good for my skin and I do notice that some of the "fine lines" on my face and forehead appear to be lighter and softer. I have been using the product for about 2 months now, and while I am not seeing the dramatic results depicted by the website - I am seeing improvement which I am happy about.

Customer Service

I live in an apartment complex where shipments are dropped off with the property manager and they did not inform me that I had received my package. So by the time I did realize that my product had come in the mail, the two week trial deadline had approached. Therefore, I called Dermitage's customer service and asked for an extension on my two week trial - which they gladly obliged. However, even after I had tried the product I decided to cancel my account because I was not comfortable having approximately $120.00 automatically billed each month to my card, especially since I don't fully use it all in one month. When I made the call to cancel, I explained that I did like the product but did not want to make automatic payments. This then prompted them to make me an offer I could not refuse. They offered to send me the full anti-aging system every 6 weeks for half the cost of an already discounted price - which turns out to be $55.00 including shipping and handling. Considering this cost, in my book, Dermitage cannot be beat. A typical face cream costs approximately $100.00, and I am so happy to get two decent creams sent to me directly every 6 weeks for much less than what I'd pay at a retailer.

I have yet to try their eye creams, but will be doing so soon! So far, I am a very happy customer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment