Friday, April 30, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW: Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream



As stated in an earlier post, ("How to Be Rosy With Rosacea"), I have Rosacea. Rosacea is an inflammatory condition of the facial skin which causes your skin to flush abnormally, turn red and develop bumps and pastules. If left untreated Rosacea can be very disfiguring. This is a good example of what Rosacea can turn into:



In addition to it's unattractive appearance, Rosacea is also very uncomfortable. Typical symptoms are burning, itching and throbbing. I do take medication for Rosacea (either Tetracycline or Oracea), and also am always scouting around for new products to try. I absolutely love the Dr. Brandt Laser line (Laser Relief and Laser Tight), but thought I'd give this new line by Clinique a shot.

The cream is not bad, but I do not seem to benefit from it with regards to my Rosacea. My face seems to look slightly paler after using it but I suspect it's from the green tint that this moisturizer has versus real, actual efficacy. All in all, the cream does moisturize my face nicely and I may continue using it as a basic moisturizer in addition to my Dr. Brandt Laser products simply for the price point in comparison with other professional moisturizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment